Randstad Lugano on behalf of his client, listed Company in Milan stock
exchange (STAR segment), one of the world market leaders in production and selling of Packaging machinery for pharma and food industries, is seeking the Group Consolidation Specialist.
The candidate will be involved in the reporting and consolidation processes of the group involving 12 legal entities in all continents, guaranteeing the reliability of reports in accordance with IFRS accounting principles and local GAAP. The department is also responsible for Internal Audit involving validating, defining, and documenting procedures at both accounting and operational level to improve reporting effectiveness.
Candidate will use his/her technical accounting knowledge to review financial and non-financial data relating to the group consolidation, which forms the basis for internal and external reporting. Candidate will perform the monthly Group consolidation process, including intercompany reconciliations validation, check of the compliance with accounting standards and group accounting policy, and preparation of various notes to the financial statements.
The residence in the Italian part of Switzerland, in the provinces of Como or Varese or alternatively the will to relocate in these areas will be a must.
The successful candidate will be offered a permanent position in Lugano.
Manage the process for consolidating the submissions entities across the Group, to produce a single set of consolidated financial results for the Group, by:
· Overseeing the elimination of transactions and balances
· Ensuring entities complete their submissions accurately and on time
· Dealing with any issues that arise during the month-end process
· Liaising with entities around the world to provide guidance and advice on technical accounting and Group policy requirements
· liaise with Group Tax to ensure accuracy of the financial data
· Acting as key contact for external auditors on Quarterly, Half Year and Year End audits
Experience with a large and complex IFRS consolidation process
· Ability to liaise and enforce compliance across large geographically and culturally disparate groups
· Ability to deliver results through other team members while maintaining control and quality
· Close attention to detail where required
· Available to enter into different projects and various matters related to reorganization processes.
· Drive and enthusiasm to ensure team succeeds in achieving fixed and demanding deadlines
· Commitment and flexibility to work to tight and demanding deadlines
· IFRS & local GAAP
· P&L, Balance Sheet management
The ability to work both in team and autonomously complete the ideal profile.
Fluency in English will be mandatory.