ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure, is currently seeking an experienced engineer to join our Product Group as a Component Engineer who has in charge analysis and approval of new components. On this role the selected candidate will be mainly engaged in verification of performance and compliance of the parts to requirements and specification, applying practical measurement and tests.
He/she will act with safety, efficiency, quality and productivity to assure that products meet stated requirements. This role is based in our Valdarno, IT facility.
- Perform qualification test of new components being responsible for ensuring proper design, use, and disposal, environmental and safety standard.
- Collaborate with engineering to define component qualification procedure.
- Support component failure analysis process.
- Installing and maintaining parts, as well as advising about their use and maintenance.
- Working as technical consultants within the design or manufacturing process.
- Release list of documentation to be required for component qualification to manufacturer.
- Release report about components compliancy (similar to First Article Inspection Report, or PPAP analysis) for approval.
- Support in components analysis also for problem solving.
- Secondary School Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Electronic, Electrotechnical or Electrical Engineering;
- 2+ years of professional experience;
- Basic understanding of manufacturing electrical, electronic and electrotechnical systems;
- Experienced in reading schematics for circuit designs and in using industry standard electronic testing equipment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and internal groups (this may be necessary to discuss about defects, changes and influence decisions);
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English.
- Strong analytical skills, familiar to work approaching with failure analysis methods;
- Good knowledge about RoHS, REACH directive and application;
- Familiar with Surface Mount Technologies and Pin Through Hole production processes;
- Experience working with data-driven analytical methodologies for industrial quality applications – especially Statistical Process Control [SPC], Lean Six Sigma, Process Capability (Cp, CpK), and/or Process Performance (Pp, PpK) Analysis;
- Able to manage engineering change and reporting throughout Product Life Management system.
- More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation systems and protection products.