Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of EU law this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Compliance Legal Technical Assistant.
Support in managing Public Access to Documents (PAD) and Competing Interest Management (CIM) related activities:
- Assist in the coordination of the PAD and CIM teams;
- Assist the PAD and CIM teams to meet the 2021 targets and KPIs, in particular compliance with PAD and CIM obligations;
- Perform legal research activities, prepare legal advice and draft documents and correspondence;
- Collaborate with the Scientific Units for: (i) extraction and screening of documents and data; (ii) masking commercial and technical information; (iii) assessing exceptions, legal risks and documenting them;
- Assist with the implementation of the CIM process responsibilities such as: screening of DoIs of experts, staff, selection board members, etc, provide instructions to scientific Units on the implementation of DoIs related policies and applicable standards; organse training sessions to experts and staff on CIM rules;
- Analysis and reports of legal publications and materials and of relevant decisions/opinions of EU bodies;
- Provide clerical support (fixing meetings, disseminating communications, preparing presentation material, providing customer follow-up services).
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- At least 2 years of experience in legal departments within international organisations;
- Legal and analytical skills, drafting documents in English, research of case law;
- Knowledge of legislation linked to the EU Food Safety System, European Civil Law, Data Protection, IP rights;
- Behavioural competencies: high level of commitment, political savvy, intellectual horsepower and ability to work with others.
Assignment: initial contract until 30/06 starting from April/May, with possibility of extension. Expected duration of assignment until 31/12.
Salary: between €1850 and €2350 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home (Italy), relocation to Parma required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template CV