ESG & SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
Italmatch Chemicals is a leading global chemical group, specialising in performance additives and solutions for water treatment & lubricants, oil & gas and plastics, flame retardants and boasts a wide product range able to fulfil the requirements of the most demanding applications.
Praxi advises Italmatch that is seeking an experienced candidate as ESG & Sustainability Manager directly reporting to the General Manager Corporate.
Mission and Main Responsibilities
- Leading and facilitating the implementation of the global ESG strategy, in order to achieve the Group targets improvement, in cooperation mainly with Sales, Innovation and Production
- Inspiring internal and external stakeholders to reach the defined goals regarding corporate social responsibilities
- Aiming to further develop the Group as a relevant and innovative market player, translating sustainability opportunities into sustainable product portfolio and innovation strategy
- Strengthening Group’s sustainability reputation, collaborating with Sales and Marketing towards the customers
- Tracking milestones for sustainability agenda for the Group in line with broader strategic goals
Key activities / Main accountabilities
- Creating and developing a medium-long term plan (5-10 years) of continuous improvement about sustainability in all the Groups’ areas, especially in the “E”
- Proactively manage collaboration and communication with all internal and external stakeholders, creating strong partnerships focusing on ESG matters
- Handling initiatives and actions to reduce the impact that the Groups’ companies have on the environment and on the territory: focusing on all industrial sites being supportive to the Plant/HSE/Energy referents and managing all tasks related to the GHG, LCA, IPCEI European, Innovative and Electric Mobility projects as well all others “E” activities
- Supporting to identify and manage “S” (Social: human rights, working conditions, gender equality, relations with the territory...) and “G” Governance: meritocracy, diversity policies, anti-corruption, organization in the workplace) projects, in cooperation with other departments (mainly Legal and HR), after defining a clear Group roadmap /goals setting
- Ensuring adequate reporting data availability and framework - according to legal requirements, local and international - and maintain database
- Preparing and delivering annual Sustainability Report and Non-Financial Statement (NFS) based on GRI standards and others (Italian and International ones)
- Supporting in industrial and innovation projects in cooperation with the dedicated Managers.
Background and Experience
- Master's degree in Engineering/Chemistry - preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in sustainability with focus on environmental matters in a multi-plants industry and manufacturing (chemistry/pharma will be a plus)
- Strong Leadership skills in terms of engaging, leading, supporting, empowering, change management facilitating
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relations
- Structured approach – able to set priorities - with good project management skills
- Entrepreneurial and proactive approach
- Available also for “hands-on” activities over the strategic ones
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Genoa (Liguria, Italy). Some flexibility in terms of hybrid work.
Chemicals | Sustainability | ESG | Environment | Social | Governance | Sustainable | GRI | IPCEI | GHG
Per candidarsi a questa posizione cliccare sul pulsante Invia Candidatura e seguire le indicazioni fornite.
Praxi (Aut. MLPS 13/I/0003868/03.04), nel rispetto del proprio codice etico professionale ed in adempimento alle leggi 903/77 e 125/91, conduce i processi di selezione del personale perseguendo la parità tra lavoratrici e lavoratori.
Praxi garantisce i diritti previsti dalla normativa sulla Privacy e precisa che utilizzerà le informazioni ricevute ai soli fini di reclutamento e selezione del personale.