Randstad talent selection, specialty finance, is looking for a:
Travel agency manager (GDS Amadeus)
Our client is anItalian based company of experienced and specialized professionals, providing unique sport and events solutions all around the world.
Your responsibilities will usually include:
• daily operational management
• sales development
• staff and financial management
As a travel agency manager, you must be able to offer specialist, professional and competitive travel products to meet the demands of the travel market, which includes online bookings and tailor-made trips.
You will be responsible for running the travel outlet and developing strategies to hit or exceed sales targets.
You'll typically need to:
• promote and market the business, sometimes to new or niche markets
• manage budgets and maintain statistical and financial records
• sell travel products and tour packages
• deliver and exceed company performance and productivity
• visit new destinations to gather information on issues and amenities of interest to consumers
• liaise with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and chedules
• deal with customer enquiries and aim to meet their expectations
• provide sales reports to head office
• implement alternative and innovative ideas for achieving new business
When managing travel agency staff, you'll typically need to:
• motivate the sales team to hit and exceed their targets and ensure company profitability
• organize regularly internal meeting to give them sales figures and plan how they approach their work
• oversee the recruitment, selection and retention of staff as well as payroll matters and staff training
• organize incentives, bonus schemes and competitions
• deal with disciplinary matters and customer complaints.
Qualifications Subjects that include travel, business and management modules are useful, particularly if they have a practical work placement.
Skills You'll need to have:
• strong organizational and communication skills
• sales and customer service skills
• commitment to people management, diplomacy and tact
• the ability to lead and motivate a team
• sound judgement with attention to detail
• competent IT skills (Excel proficiency)
• resilience to cope with long hours and pressure at peak times
• a genuine interest in travel.
Work experience Previous experience: at least 5 years of GDS Relevant management experience in other areas of the leisure or tourism industry, such as hotels or airlines. Minimum 2 years experience in Team leading (team being considered minimum 3 people) Previous experience in sales – purchasing department will be considered a plus.
Professional skills: Excellent knowledge of GDS Amadeus: flights booking, fare rules, changes and cancellations
Good knowledge of GDS Galileo Excellent knowledge of cars/ bus/ hotels/ transfers booking systems Fluent English (spoken and written), third language is a plus. Good knowledge of “Zucchetti “operational system
Location: Turin (west turin)
Job Type: full time
Salary: to be agreed based on experience
Experience level: medium/senior
Availability: immediate hiring
Contract: trial period with permanent contract renewal
Please send your cv to email@example.com, subject line: “Travel agency manager”