For our client, a global leader in the automatic data capture and process automation markets, we are looking for a Hardware Engineer who will work in R&D Mobile Department.
He/she will be in charge of:
• Invent/Develop technologies;
• Design autonomously complex system in one or more technical disciplines;
• Defining the system requirements;
• Splitting a complex design into simplest tasks;
• Evaluating and providing recommendations on the project efforts;
• Designing the test plan and adopted procedure;
• Ensuring feasible design of the subsystems in his/her scope of responsibility;
• Documenting the concept definition choices, the testing methodology, the strengths and weaknesses of the solutions implemented (to allow someone to take over the job done);
• Interfacing with external R&D suppliers/contractor by setting the expectations and ensuring on time and on cost the delivery against the specifications;
• Assessing and selecting the targeted internal and external partners and leverage on their potential contribution Foster technical development;
• Mentoring juniors/other;
• Staying abreast of the technical state of the art;
• Developing relationship with Academic world and being an active member of technical community;
• Coordinating the benchmarking activity on competitors’ products to assess the state of the art about technologies adopted.
EDUCATION (SCHOOL/SPECIALIZATION): Electronic Engineering (MA Degree)
• Proven work experience operating as Electronics designer for smartphone and/or tablets;
• Expert of Qualcomm and /or Mediatek platforms;
• Expert on defining the detailed product specification ftarting from the product requirements, ability to platform selection, key component definition, product development process, testing and validation, product certification including network Carrier operators like AT&T and Verizon;
• Work experience as system engineer is considered to be preferential. The new product family of Mobile Computer products will request to develop a completely new HW architecture and the introduction of new technologies);
• Proficiency in WiFi module integration and certification, know how of WiFi and BT power table, design for EMI reduction and EMC certification;
• Proficiency on instrument usage, oscilloscope, network analyzer, spectrup analyzer;
• Proficiency in electronics debug and testing.
SPECIFIC KNWOLEDGE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
• System Engineer Advanced;
• Smartphone development Expert;
• Digital Hardware Expert;
• RF and Antenna Advanced;
• WiFi & Regulatory.