Our Client is a long-lasting Italian niche company, well known for its technical knowledge in the Italian market, that has become the local subsidiary (sales and production) of a multinational company and acts as ITS EMEA Centre of Excellence for specific projects and for vertical industrial applications. Both the local management and the European HQ have decide to support the organizational and core processes evolution by the means of brand new roles in the structure. Then we are now searching for their next:
The Material Manager, reporting to the Operations Director and leading and small team, will be responsible for all aspects of the Material Supply Chain and Procurement, of the Inventory Control and Material Handling. The role also includes responsibility to achieve the result efficiently, via the use of the ERP that will need to be brought forward in the heart of these activities (MRP administration, master data…). As a “hands on” person, the candidate will manage some of these activities.
- improve or implement internal processes, create awareness on the best practices in this field and increase the team knowledge to achieve efficiency;
- create robustness in the inbound handling, internal material handling to maintain inventory accuracy (receiving, cycle count, backflush..) and influence other function affecting inventory control (adherence to standard, scrap management, BOM accuracy..);
- actively support the make or buy decision, sourcing, subcontracting and procurement activity in order to achieve the best value for money (price, service, quality);
- reduce lead time and improve “on time” delivery while keeping working capital at an acceptable level;
- BPR (Business Process Reengineering) around material management & inventory control;
- coordinate the creation and maintenance of the ERP master data;
- support Make / Buy analysis in case of subcontracting;
- draw, implement and manage KPI & reporting to monitor progress.
- potential of growth: the company needs to invest in candidates able to let the company growth and to grow at the same speed;
- >5 years of experience in material management in a production company (both make to order and make to stock);
- strong knowledge of the material planning dynamics;
- transversal understanding of the main topics of a Supply Chain (from purchasing to engineering);
- experience with ERP and especially MRP/Planning & Purchasing module (SAP, Baan, Movex); experience in implementation/migration projects is a “nice to have”;
- full proficiency in English;
- bachelor degree in Engineering/Business Administration/Logistics is a “nice to have”.
Location: The position is based in the Italian HQ, Pavia area.
In order to apply for this position you can click on the button Invia Candidatura. Please apply your cv in English.
In keeping with its own code of professional conduct and in compliance with Italian laws n.903/77 and 125/91, Praxi (Aut. MLPS 13/I/0003868/03.04) performs all its selection processes pursuing an equal-opportunity policy for applicants of both sexes.
Furthermore, Praxi is committed to respecting all candidates' rights as per the applicable privacy legislation and will therefore process all personal data received for the sole purposes of recruitment and selection.