Randstad Technologies, the division of Randstad Italia specialized in IT selection, in partnership with a multinational corporation in Bologna is looking for:
The Test Engineer is responsible for testing and analyzing the hardware and software of electronic devices to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
Prototypes are tested for proper functionality and compliance with regulations of each specific jurisdiction.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
• Maintains a working knowledge of the regulatory requirements, technology of products and the way in which products are used, operated and delivered for all products commonly tested
in the group;
• Maintains an understanding of the general testing process and standards, all systems used to record and access test results, all systems used to manage the testing of the product(s), and of
assigned hardware and software of the devices;
• Detects defects in assigned product(s) consistent with the test criteria for the product type and markets commonly tested in the group;
• Accurately performs protocol testing and demonstrates knowledge of protocols for products commonly tested within the group;
• Recognizes complex testing issues and communicates testing problems with a Senior Engineer, Manager or other designated personnel;
• Properly completes all documentation for a project;
• Accurately predicts how an application will perform based on review of simple source code;
• Performs a simple source code compare, accurately predicts the impact of the modifications, and writes a test script based on modifications;
• Independently sets-up and configures products so that they are in an initial state for testing;
• Troubleshoots and solves simple issues and technical problems for products commonly tested in the group;
• Accurately enters issues in the bug tracking system (JIRA) with sufficient detail to allow the intended audience to clearly understand and produce the issue.
• Knowledge and/or experience with modern-object oriented programming languages including, but not limited to, C++ or C# is required;
• Must have the ability to learn and effectively use internal systems, including but not limited to Protrack, JIRA, eResults, Evolution and SharePoint;
• Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence;
• Must have the ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position;
• A minimum of 1 year of experience working