The candidate will support complex IT projects through all stages of the project lifecycle. He/She will participate in the successful planning and execution of all IT related aspects of assigned projects as well as contributing to the business and project management aspects.
- Serve as a liaison and project leader in partnership between the Business Unit (BU) IT department, Corporate IT department, BU Engineering Services department, Product Business teams, and cross-Product Business functions. Effectively collaborate with teams that span IT and the business;
- Express a clear understanding of business structures, hierarchies, products, and services supported. Demonstrate knowledge outside of the technology arena with the Product Business supported;
- Partner with other IT leaders, communicate and discuss technology trends, specific changes, and technology roadmaps;
- Understand short and long term Engineering Services business plans and objectives, IT investments and assets. Participate in development of an IT strategy that enables Engineering Services business strategies. Lead the creation and continuous improvement of a subset of a business capability and IT enablement roadmap. Revise roadmap on at least an annual basis and support investment proposal development;
- Support capture, aggregation, and prioritization of a portfolio of IT investments to enable needs as defined on the Engineering Services capability roadmaps. Champion Engineering Services priorities through IT investment portfolio governance process to ensure alignment of projects with business objectives, leverage of assets and practices, and synthesis with broader corporate-wide priorities. Champion understanding, support for, and value of Engineering Services IT investment portfolios;
- Lead the ideation and high-level planning of IT projects including specification of high-level business requirements, and formulation of business process and technology solution options. Support creation and vetting of business cases, and high-level project planning (scope, schedule, & budget);
- Project responsibilities include analysis, documentation, system design, development of project plans, time and cost estimates, and Capital Appropriation Requests;
- Incorporate process standardization and simplification improvements in high-level designs;
- Gather application requirements, perform analysis, and make recommendations for design of software specifications; facilitate design reviews and collect required approvals; create project schedules; provide training; and coordinate implementation and support of developed applications;
- Spearhead trade-off analyses and assessments (project timing, technology approaches, requirements prioritization, etc.), support solution design and testing activities, assess overall quality of solution and fit with business capability needs, ensure go-live readiness of Business and IT communities, and measure business results after solution stabilization;
- May provide third level support for applications, including working with technical teams, solving issues, routing to IT management, and providing documentation for other team members to use to respond to support issues;
- Make decisions and achieve results while being a role model for company values;
- Set challenging SMART personal goals that improve both personal skills and team deliverables.
Technical Skills, Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience successfully delivering complex Business Technology projects and achieving quantified business outcomes for a related business/industry;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in business analyst role.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in product development domain.
- Must have a thorough understanding of a broad cross-section of modern Information Technology concepts.
- Experience developing solutions with large complex global organizations.
- Experience with implementation and roll-out of scalable out-of-the-box solutions as well as custom application development.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Agile concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise, and accurate documentation detailing business processes and requirements.
- Position requires knowledge of product development principles, processes, and techniques.
- Position requires thorough understanding of Engineering tools including PLM, ALM, CAD, and simulation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a global community including Business Unit and Corporate IT, horizontal and vertical business functions, and end users.
- Must have strong ability to communicate effectively with technology, business, and leadership audiences.
- Proficient English required.
- PMI or SAFe certification preferred.
- IIBA certification preferred.
Required Soft Skills
- Results Orientation
- Planning and organization
- Leadership and development of others